So we covered some very basic things almost anyone can do to have a smaller eco-footprint.
Now, what about those crunchy folks that want to up their cool factor in the hippy circles?.. or just have a happy feeling when they sleep at night knowing they are actively doing something to help slow the negative changes to the Earth.
Ready? Don’t be afraid! So here it goes…
- Cloth diapers for kids
- Compost your yard and kitchen scraps
- More cloth replacements
- Family cloth (aka TP replacement)
- Mama cloth (aka feminine pad replacement)
- There is also a diva cup which is not cloth, but is not disposable
- Make your own cleaners
- Laundry detergent, dishwasher detergent, surface cleaner, etc.
- Homesteading: trying to live off your own land
I don’t do all the things on this list, but we’ll talk about a few of these options in the future, starting with cloth diapers! I love cloth diapers, and yes, it is a little more work, but when it is your routine it isn’t bothersome. I’ll be starting with all the different types of cloth diapers next week!